Monday, July 29, 2013

9.6 That Shit Cray

He had so much pimples on his face but he was the kind of person that didn't care about what other people thought of him. I met him during the most vulnerable and lowest point of my life. I was so ashamed to meet new people. I hated going out. I didn't want to talk to people. I was forced to meet him in some high school interaction. We started to talk. I thought that it would be okay because he wasn't part of my social circle. I began to have feelings for this guy. He paid so much attention to me despite the rumors going around. We eventually started to date. I wasn't embarrassed to be around him. I wasn't shy to show him my personality. In the back of my mind I just wished that he never heard any of the rumors because I didn't want him to think differently of me. One day, he told me that he heard people talking about me. He didn't like what they were saying. They approached him and interrogated him. They asked him why he was dating me despite the rumors. He told me he didn't care because he loved me and he knew that I was nothing like what people were saying. He stood up for me. He told them that he loved me and that it didn't matter if the rumors were true or not. It didn't matter to him. He taught me so much. He taught me not to care about what other people think of me. He taught me to find happiness despite the difficulties surrounding me. He taught me to be confident about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment