Monday, July 15, 2013

7.6 Multiplication of Loave$

Today I had 100 pesos left and I had to pay for materials for my various projects for school. I find it sometimes to embarrassing to ask money from my parents, most especially if they’ve been giving so much to me already. I mean, I know how to budget my money and everything, but in this case, kulang talaga yung pera ko. I really didn’t know where I’d get the money. Later in afternoon, I went to hear mass with my grandparents. My grandparents arrived before me so I sat behind them. During the offertory, I gave the last hundred pesos I had in my wallet. Half of me was praying for a miracle, and the other half thought that more people had worse financial problems than me. I mean, in my case, I was just too embarrassed to ask for money. After hearing mass, I told my grandparents I had to go back home to study and do my homework due the next day. Before I left, my grandmother gave me a hug, a kiss on the cheek, and a thousand pesos.
I felt like it was the multiplication of loaves. The disciples were worried that they weren’t going to be able to feed everyone in the crowd so they told Jesus and prayed. Jesus presented them with a miracle of overflowing abundance of loaves and fish. With my prayer and act of sacrifice, God was able to provide me with the miracle and resources that I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment