Saturday, July 27, 2013

9.4 Antonio

It was his shoulders that I'd always remember. He had the broadest shoulders. He'd always carry me on top of his shoulders whenever we'd see each other. He was the kind of person who could lift you up, emotionally. He always made me happy and laugh with his corny jokes. I remember there was a time we played this silly story game on his laptop where we'd fill in the blanks with random words to complete a story. The stories almost never made sense but they were funny. It would always lift my spirits up when I'd be homesick. On top of his shoulders I felt so big and tall as if I was above everyone else. That's how important he made me feel. He'd always tell me I was his one and only grandchild, and ultimately his favorite. I had other cousins but he never acknowledged them just as my cousins never acknowledged him. None of my cousins knew who he was whenever I brought him up because we had a step-grandfather which they thought was our grandfather. I felt special knowing that I was the only one among us who knew him. And he never failed to make me feel special, most especially when I'm on his shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment