Tuesday, June 18, 2013

3.7 Breaking Glass

Pochero. Fried fish. Pinakbet. Newly cooked rice.

My dad had just cooked pochero for dinner. I was eating slowly. My parents were so impatient that they left me at the dining table. Every time I put food in my mouth, I'd chew it for a bit and then swallow it with water. After finishing my food, I brought my plate and glass to the kitchen. I dropped my glass. I was so worried that my father would find out because he was a strict man. No one came rushing to the kitchen so I assumed no one heard anything. I put the glass on top of the sink. There was a small chip. I threw the small shard in the trash. Just in case anyone finds it, I'd just deny that it was me. I went upstairs and got ready for bed. Suddenly everyone in the house was panicking. I found all the people in the house crowded in the maid's bath. My yaya was washing her hand that was covered in blood. She said that she was washing the dishes and didn't realize on of the glasses was broken. They rushed her to the hospital and the doctor gave her stitches while I stayed at home. When my yaya got home, I was so embarrassed and guilty that I told her it was my fault and that I was very sorry. She said that it was okay and "malaya 'to sa bituka." She never told my parents that it was my fault. Best yaya ever, worst alaga ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment