Saturday, June 1, 2013

1.4 Look Back In Annoyance

I can hear the door swinging open. A couple of people chatter softly. A seat screeches as if it is being pushed back. The utensils cling clang as it touches the plate's surface. Someone slurps a drink until there's nothing left.

We were in a busy coffee shop that day. Neither of us said a word. I was mad about something but I can't seem to remember what it was. I wanted to leave. I wanted to go anywhere as long as he wasn't there with me. He slurped his drink loudly breaking the silence between us. I gave him my death stare showing how much his slurping annoyed me. "What?" he said. I didn't say anything. He continued to slurp until almost nothing was left of his drink. I pushed my chair back, stood up, and said, "Can you just stop it?" Then I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment