Sunday, June 16, 2013

3.5 Hello, 911?

Musk smell of carpeted floors. Barbecue Pringles. Apple juice. Cinnamon.

My mom took me to Pennsylvania when I was about 8 years old. This was around the time I was so in to Archie's comics. I always read that they'd call 911 for emergencies and I tried it out in Manila but it never seems to work. On the day that I spilled crumbs of barbecue Pringles on my uncle's floor, I also decided to try calling 911 using his Kermit the Frog old-school telephone. It rang. I got so nervous because there wasn't real emergency happening so I hung up. I thought, "Hey, everything's okay. No one answered." But someone called back. Apparently in the States, 911 calls you back just to make sure everything's okay. The told off my uncle telling him to keep me in check because dialing 911 for no reason is not a joke. I was so embarrassed I didn't even want to admit I called 911. Napaka-promdi ba ng ginawa ko?

No comments:

Post a Comment