Tuesday, June 4, 2013

1.7 Move, Bitch!

Voice over saying “You are now at Ortigas Station”. People are chattering. The doors swoosh open. The train speeds away. Feet are shuffling. Someone is chewing gum. A man coughs from a distance. A baby cries.
When I was in high school, there was a time when I'd commute to school. I take a jeep from the gate of my village until the Taft Avenue station of the MRT. On good days, I'd be able to get a seat on the train. I remember there was this one day that I knew I was going to be tardy because I woke up late. There were already a lot of people on the train when I got there. When the MRT finally stopped at the Ortigas station where I usually get off, people wouldn't let me pass. I had to push and shout crass things before they let me out. It was embarrassing because I was wearing my school uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment