Saturday, June 15, 2013

3.4 Ondoy

The smell of new shoes from the box. The smell of newly purchased clothes. The smell of money.

My father took me out one evening to buy clothes. We bought expensive heels and a new dress among other things. I wanted to wear my new heels to my grad pictorial. It was raining really hard when he brought me home. I prepared everything I needed to bring for the next day. I woke up really early and it was still raining terribly hard. I told my dad's driver that we should use my car instead of my dad's because his aircondition wasn't working. He brought me to Greenbelt so I can get made up for the pictorial. I finished getting ready an hour and a half before my schedule time for the pictorial. The rain never stopped pouring. We headed to EDSA going to Poveda. It was extremely traffic and some parts of the road were already flooded. My driver told me we should head back. I was already late for my pictorial so I had to reschedule. My dad told me to go straight to his condominium in Ayala because it was starting to flood in Magallanes. I got to my dad's safely. He made his driver go back to Magallanes to get his car but he couldn't enter because it was extremely flooded. The next day, when the flood subsided, my dad's car was wrecked. The flood had reached the computer box and it was beyond repairable. Despite this, I'm glad that I wasn't, in anyway, harmed during that storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment