Saturday, August 17, 2013

12.4 On Camiso De Chino

I think out of all the 7 instant stories, this has got to be my favorite. I tried to do the type of thing Sir Groyon said about having a solid event to serve as your clothesline and things happen around it, and these events may be from the past. Something similar to the way Sana Dati was presented. I decided that my clothesline would be the journey of the protagonist to her province to go to the wake of her grandfather. The events shown from the past are the things that built the relationship of the protagonist and her grandfather. I also made sure these memories are presented in threes because I remember Sir Groyon saying something about the number three being a magic number in narratives. I enjoyed writing this because the memories were my memories with my grandfathers, both of whom are already in the afterlife. Death is a very heavy thing to experience but it doesn't always have to be a depressing story to tell because you'll always have the good memories to make you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment